Join the NHL
Here are some great ideas for your Christmas or birthday present wish list. To purchase any of the following, click on the link and you will be taken to a site like Amazon where you can buy online at good prices and (usually) fast delivery. The NHL will also gets some commission.
I am still working on this page.
You can see last year's suggestions by clicking here
Here are details of the ones in the December 2004 magazine - particulary from the artists who volunteered their time to the NHL festival - with details on where to get them. More and more are being produced and distributed directly by the artists and so may not be available through High Street record shops.
- Mick Kinsella - Harmonica - OBM 301, Open Ear Productions - To buy it from them click here.
- Iron Lung - Triple Harp Bypass - Brendan Power, Mick Kinsella, and Rick Epping -
Buy direct from Brendan Power - email him - email@example.com, or visit his web http://www.brendan-power.com/ where you will find links to his solo CDs like his latest one Tradish.
- Harmonica Swing - Double CD of mainly European harmonica recordings from 1920-50 assembled by Alain Antoinietto & Dominique Cravic - To buy it from Amazon
- Four in Accord - Harmonica Showcase - the first recording by the UKs premier quartet of Dave Becjford, Derek Yorke, Jim O'Driscol, and Roy Green. Phone Derek Yorke at 01787 460230 to order a copy.
- Harry Pitch - Harmonically Yours - a second CD of movie themes, standards, and his big hit "Goovin with Mr Bloe". Buy directly from Harry - 01628 622895.
- Ernie Gordon - >The Geordie Jock - the best tremolo music in the Nothumberland style. A companion of Will Atkinson. Buy directly from Ernie - 01665 604168
- Eddie Martin has a string of CDs available through his web site including his latest Ice Cream which has received great reviews in the blues magazines. My long time favourite is the acoustic Alone in Soho. Other more electric guitar and rack harmonica blues albums are Pillowcase Blues, Keep On Working, Live in the USA, Fires and Floods , and Blue to the Bone. www.eddiemartin.com
P.O. Box 416 Bristol BS99 2DE Tel/fax +44 (0) 117 907 9358
- Tommy Morgan - Classics Lite Vol Two - A second great collection of classical musical for the chromatic harmonica. Buy it and Vol One from his web site - www.tmorganharmonica.com
- Basingstoke Blues Club, Live 2003 -
This a great value double CD of 20 live tracks recorded at 10 gigs in the friendly B.B.Club run by Rex and Ted. It costs £12 inc p&p and profits will go the Arthritis Trust which is the benficiary of all the club activities. Half the bands feature harmonicas. John Crampton, The ASM5, Simon Honeyboy Hickling, Tim Royce, and The Cadillac Kings. The club meets monthly on the first Saturday - for gig dates see
You can buy it here, or you can save the postage by collecting direct from Ted (01256 324313)or Rex (01256 3218370 or from Chris on (07710 238526) all of us live within the town of Basingstoke. Contact Chris Brown for details on this project - 01256 427747 - Support your local live blues club.
- Jerry Murad and the Harmonicats - Greatest Hits, and Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White - To buy it from Amazon
- The Blues Band - Be my Guest - BGoCD600 - buy from BGO Records
- Muddy Waters - Baby Please Don't Go- IGODCD2552 - Double CD - To buy it from Amazon
- Sonny Boy Williamson - Rice Miller - Nine below Zero - IGOCD 2545 - To buy it from Amazon
- William Galison & Madeleine Peyroux - Got you on my Mind - Great small group swing jazz and a vocalist with a touch of Billie Holiday about her. A masterclass by William who plays great guitar, chromatic harmonica, sings produced the CD. A nice range of tempos and mood, with obvious synergy between the performers. Morphius Records - morphius.com - To buy it from Amazon
- Toots Thielemans, Les Thompson - Toots Blues: 1950/52 - To buy it from Amazon
- Jens Bunge & Uli Wagner - Pas de Deux - Buy it from here - www.palatina-viva.de
- Jefferson Gonçalves CD, Gréia, Blues from Brazil with Pete Madcap Ruth. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: (21) 2412-1013. See Blues Time Records,
Return to the NHL Help Page page.
Bookmark and revisit http://harmonica.co.uk for the latest details of these and other events.
Return to top